Tuesday, June 24, 2008

One Week

I've been home for one week. It has rained most days, like in Belgium, but it is much warmer. The air was downright stifling on Sunday. It was that thick, nasty air that gives people asthma attacks. I've been keeping busy with my list of things to do before the baby comes. The baby has been pretty active in Shiri's belly; we often sit and watch it press out. I just hope it doesn't pop out like in the movie Alien. It seems like a distinct possibility but in reality there's no chance.

The frame of my Cervelo got cracked by US Airways. It's a tiny crack but I was advised by many to stay off the bike. I'm in midst of trying to get them to cover the damage. In the meantime I'm waiting on a new bike that will then serve as my rain bike after the Cervelo situation is rectified. I've been riding my cyclocross bike for training until the new bike arrives. It certainly feels a little funny compared to a real road bike. I might even get to do a time trial on it.

No comments: