First, click on the picture below to enlarge it. It is a delight to my heart and a tickle to my funny bone.
Second, I have been mulling these images over. The first is the famous Join or Die cartoon by Ben Franklin, circa 1754.

Then you have the Gadsden Flag, circa 1775. It's inspiration was the Join or Die cartoon. I did the research. It's true.

The Tea Party is using the Gadsden Flag as it's emblem without any knowledge of its origin or meaning. The flag is not about the Tea Party's selfish values but the values of the country as a whole, an entire community working together for the good of the entire people. Nice work, people who don't like thinking.
Second, I have been mulling these images over. The first is the famous Join or Die cartoon by Ben Franklin, circa 1754.
Then you have the Gadsden Flag, circa 1775. It's inspiration was the Join or Die cartoon. I did the research. It's true.

The Tea Party is using the Gadsden Flag as it's emblem without any knowledge of its origin or meaning. The flag is not about the Tea Party's selfish values but the values of the country as a whole, an entire community working together for the good of the entire people. Nice work, people who don't like thinking.
No comments:
Post a Comment