It looks like I'll be racing a lot at Wells Ave this season. It's close (6 miles away), good racing, I paid for a whole season ($105, otherwise $15 each week), I'm not excited about driving and it's still good racing. You can go crush yourself there, or not, it's your choice.
The last two weeks rode nearly two and half hours before the race so I would get about six hours in before it was too late in the day and Niv had to go to sleep. I still have to ride that long sometimes because there are still bigger races on planning on doing. I'm just being more selective. The last few weeks have been hard during the week too. I'm pretty smoked.
This week the race worked out all right. I read the second move right. The first move was a former pro who lapped the field on his own. He went in the first five minutes and I somehow didn't even see it. The second move was about five or six guys when I bridged up. It was only seven or eight laps into the race. The group swelled to thirteen and eventually we lapped the field too. I missed two more guys trickling off the front and when I tried to bridge I got jumped all over. It came down to the sprint for me and I got fourth in the group and seventh overall. It wasn't too bad. I did almost another two hours after the race before I put up the white flag and rolled home. No payout but all the work will pay back later.
The last two weeks rode nearly two and half hours before the race so I would get about six hours in before it was too late in the day and Niv had to go to sleep. I still have to ride that long sometimes because there are still bigger races on planning on doing. I'm just being more selective. The last few weeks have been hard during the week too. I'm pretty smoked.
This week the race worked out all right. I read the second move right. The first move was a former pro who lapped the field on his own. He went in the first five minutes and I somehow didn't even see it. The second move was about five or six guys when I bridged up. It was only seven or eight laps into the race. The group swelled to thirteen and eventually we lapped the field too. I missed two more guys trickling off the front and when I tried to bridge I got jumped all over. It came down to the sprint for me and I got fourth in the group and seventh overall. It wasn't too bad. I did almost another two hours after the race before I put up the white flag and rolled home. No payout but all the work will pay back later.
No comments:
Post a Comment