Monday, September 22, 2008

How Do You Get Your Baby So Clean?

Yesterday was the first real race I've done since Niv was born. It was about as much of a disaster you can have without crashing. I stayed out of trouble the first bit of the race at the front. I went with a move that got caught then slid back a bit to rest. The field wasn't so big to begin with and the course was quite hard, with a steep hill and a sharp turn into a headwind. And then do it 65 times. As I was trying to get a bit of recovery, there was a tangle going into the hill. I got stuck behind it and then was doomed to chase until I quit with about one quarter of the race remaining.

To be completely honest, I don't think I have quite the legs I did earlier in the season. It's OK; I was treating this more as training for cyclocross. I've been able to train just fine for the last three weeks, but the first three weeks of Niv's life took a bit of my top end away. Or maybe I just had a bad day yesterday. That is a distinct possibility.

Shiri thinks that still photos don't do Niv justice. That's why we have a video this week. Then she said that the video doesn't do him justice either. I guess you'll have to see him in person. He's starting to stretch his 0-3 month clothing. He's six weeks old.

I added some links on the right of the blog. They're pretty interesting. At least I think so.

This is the first televised interview with Niv. Interview done by Shiri.



I think he handled it better than Sarah Palin ever could.

I'm not quite sure what to say about this picture.

Clean babies come out of the laundry.

Spin cycle!

You'd cry too if you were in the laundry. Don't worry; it's clean.


1 comment:

Sivya said...

I guess I'm just so lucky that I'll get to see him in person in THREE DAYS! I can't wait.
Sorry the race wasn't what you hoped for-that's a bummer.
See you Friday! :)