I didn't post about the Bethel Crit from last week. Briefly, it was a points race with a lot of bells, I got a few points and got 9th place.
The baby hasn't come yet and that meant I got to race last night in Bethel again. I was happy to have a chance in a normal race (it's called a scratch race). First to the finish wins. I had three teammates there, which is an inspiring sight.
I rolled off the front on the first lap alone. I wasn't going hard at all but the field was going even easier than me. I figured as long as they're going to give me a gap, I'll take it and turn it up. After a lap and a half I had a decent gap but nobody came across with me and I knew it was short lived. I was caught promptly after everyone else decided to start racing.
The race was aggressive as usual. I attacked a bunch and tried to get into the right move. That didn't happen but Bryan, my teammate did. He's the leader of the series and he finished up third last night. I got fourth in the field sprint after the leadout swung quickly to the left and hung me out in the wind. I got 9th place overall again. At least I keep getting into the points for the series.
This may have been my last race for a while. This baby is coming out soon. Maybe I can squeeze in another one next Tuesday, with baby to follow.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment