Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Falling Off the Wagon

I'm not so consistent with the posts any more. It's probably because I don't have all the time in the day when I'm not racing like in Belgium. I actually have things to do outside of training like prepare for life with a kid.

I've done two bits of competition aboard my bicycle in the past week. Last Wednesday was a time trial again. I got 4th on my regular old road bike. I even beat some decent bike racers on time trial bikes. I only got beaten by guys on full time trial bikes with disc wheels and aero helmets. I can live with that.

I did a crit on Sunday and completely frustrated myself. I missed the big break by letting myself recover a little too much in between attempts to bridge. I felt great but it is all for naught.

I'm registered for some races this weekend and I hope the baby doesn't make a surprise appearance so I don't have to beg for a refund. And so the kid is fully developed and ready for this world.

No comments: