Monday, July 7, 2008

Legs Reborn

I finally feel like I'm recovered from Belgium. This past week I did the local time trial and took 29 seconds off of my previous best time. I felt like my legs were finally working properly. The only people that beat me were on full-on time trial bikes with aero wheels and helmets. I just had my road bike with normal wheels. I was 35 seconds down from the winner. I was pretty happy with it.

I didn't race yesterday because there wasn't anything worth driving to. I did a big training ride; it was over 5 hours with a 12 mile time trial at the end to really make it worthwhile. Along the route I rode through Watertown, Connecticut. It seemed like it was the car capital of Connecticut; there were dealerships, shops and mechanics everywhere. My favorite sign was for "Used Cars from Saturn." I'd hate to have to pay the import duties on those cars.

We had another appointment at the doctor today. She estimated that the baby is already around 7 pounds. This kid is going to be a beast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey dude, Evan here another heap of belgian updates are on www.cqcyclingteam.com.au