Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New England Summer and $3k

I just got home from a really tough workout. I felt like somebody else was riding the bike at the end and I was just watching. It's pretty hot and humid like it's supposed to be in July. The additional nice touch were the swarms of gnats that I got to ride through. At the bottom are two pictures of me and my new friends.

I talked to Ido, the director of Triple G Cycling today. I don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but he got fourth at the Israeli national championships on the road. It's not bad for a guy that doesn't train much. If I trained as little as he did I would be lucky to get fourth from last in that race. All that is beside the point. He's organizing a stage race for this weekend and is short approximately $3,000 to cover up front costs. In the end races there usually even out but the race may not happen without that money.

If you know anybody that would like to underwrite a race for the premier junior development team in Israel, let me know as soon as you can. It is quite meaningful not just because it's a bike race but because it brings tourism to northern Israel, brings in income and notoriety to the team, helps achieve the team's goals on its strategic plan and exposes the kids to racing on their home turf. You can also donate through this link:

Triple G's Donation Page

And last (aside from the promised pictures), Evan Corry, who arrived in Belgium just before I left, sent me a link to his blog of his Beglian experience. I haven't had a chance to read it thoroughly but it looks pretty good and he's been riding really well.

Evan's Belgium Blog

The Gnats:

This is from a couple of weeks ago, but this is me preparing for the Union Vale Road Race.

No comments: