Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Loser Gets...

Tonight's race at Bethel was a points race with sprints on the last 14 laps for 2 points for 1st and 1 point for second. The last lap had points 5-3-2-1. It was a painful race. Shiri noted how terrible everyone looked by the end and how many guys got shot out the back.

Shiri still has our child in her womb. The due date came and went and we're waiting. That means I got to do one more race and Shiri tried to induce labor by hunting and gathering during the race. There are wild raspberry bushes around the course and we came home with a large bowlful of them. Alas, no labor yet but we do have a pile of raspberries.

I'm pretty sure I got 3rd in 6 or 7 of the sprints tonight. That means I got zero points for those efforts. I was hoping to at least spring a break for a couple of laps and pick up a few points. I did get 2nd on one sprint which worked out for 10th place in the end. I continued my streak of scoring points for the overall every week but not in such high placings. I think I may be in 10th place overall now. My sprint really lacked the pop tonight but I did feel strong bridging across to attacks or when guys in front couldn't hold wheels. That was pretty often.

It's just a training series but it would be nice to win. I think I'll have a better chance in a scratch race but that didn't pan out last week either. We'll see how much racing this kid lets me do.

No comments: