Monday, December 29, 2008

Chanuka Part II

Niv had a bit of a tough Chanukah. He was seriously teething. That meant he wasn't sleeping like he should and he wasn't his happy self all of the time. He cried as we lit the candles on nights two through five.

He did go to the doctor for his four month check up and vaccines and was declared healthy and huge. He was 18 pounds, 2 ounces and 27 inches tall.

I think he's mostly over the teething for now. The teeth haven't appeared and it may take some more time but it seems like the pain is gone.

I realized today that it's just over two months until racing starts again, this time on the road. Cyclocross was a great diversion for the fall and winter. Training has been going pretty well. The only bumps have been a bit less sleep because of Niv's teeth and some pretty crappy weather. But it hasn't held me back all that much.


The best way to dry off after the shower is naked tummy time. Especially for that stinky crease under my chin.


I didn't believe a 4 month old could read until I saw it myself.


We get great sunsets every night.


To end Chanukah we went to Grandma and Grandpa's. Niv liked it.


Niv is paying attention to the candles and not the replay.


Who's this guy? He looks a bit like my father, but less hairy. Oh right, it's Uncle David.


No, really, I'm happy most of the time.


Only Niv is allowed to get fingerprints on the glass table at Grandma and Grandpa's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great visit with you all!

Sivya said...

those eyes are to die for! thanks for the update. hope you guys had a great chanuka! glad to see niv likes the book so much!!