Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Still No Proof

It appears that there is no digital rendering of me racing for CCNS that I can post. You'll never know if I've been lying or not. You'll have to take my word for it.

The latest installment of racing for me was the Quabbin Reservoir Road Race. For those of you close enough to visit the Quabbin Reservoir in central Massachusetts, you should. It reminded me of a miniature version of Crater Lake (a place I've never been but have seen lots of pictures). It's not nearly as big as Crater Lake but has some dramatic islands and incrdible views. It was a great venue for a race.

The weather was brutal. It was way too hot for April. There was no feed zone so all the smart people brought the two bottles their bike could hold and one in a back pocket. That's a lot of water for two and half hours in April but temperatures approached ninety. The bottom line is I didn't get in the winning break and neither did any of my teammates and we didn't do so great. I got 29th. There is a lot of racing left, no worries.

Niv is still a delightful kid. He's huge and is starting to climb up on things and stand up quite well. He's even figuring out how to sit down after standing up instead of falling. Brilliant.


I went into the city to ride the subway. I was upset because my mother wouldn't let me lick the poles on the train.


You want to know how I feel about peas?


Like this.

1 comment:

Sivya said...

where are the pictures of the bangs being cut? it didn't look like you guys had done that yet...
can't wait to see the sprout in a month - i bet he could be walking by then!!