The Israeli national mountain bike championships went well. For Galilee Cycles didn't win any but came close. The best news is that the city of Maalot, where the event took place, is on board to support the race even more. Next year they are giving more money to help run the race including allocating some to bring international riders to Israel. The hope is that it will put Israel on the world cycling map.
Ido said the race was probably the highlight of the season in Israel. They had upwards of one thousand entrants, perfect weather and exciting racing. What more could you ask for?
Below are some incredible pictures that Shiri took while I was out riding. They're not your basic "I'm Niv and I'm laying down shots." The lighting is perfect.
This morning on the ride I ran over a chipmunk. He dashed out from the brown leaves on the side of the road and ran under my front wheel. Poor guy. I felt really bad about it. It was the fifth animal I've hit while riding. Here's a brief memorial to each (although I think the majority survived):
1) Raccoon. I was riding at night in high school or college and it ran under my rear wheel. I didn't crash, the racoon seemed to run away.
2)Rat. It was my first summer in New York City. It was still a little dark in Central Park and it ran under my bike. It wasn't there on the next lap.
3)Pigeon. Thanksgiving 2005. It snowed early and then was quite warm. I was heading to do the Gimbel's Ride. Somewhere on the Upper East Side there was a flock of pigeons. I caught one as it was taking off. It still flew off.
4)Mouse. I saw two eyes bouncing in the dark, looking at me. It was a cat. Looking at the mouse I was about to run over. I knew it was a mouse because it squeaked when I ran it over.
5)Chipmunk. See above.
And go watch The Daily Show from Monday. It's about how we're not real Americans.
Ido said the race was probably the highlight of the season in Israel. They had upwards of one thousand entrants, perfect weather and exciting racing. What more could you ask for?
Below are some incredible pictures that Shiri took while I was out riding. They're not your basic "I'm Niv and I'm laying down shots." The lighting is perfect.
This morning on the ride I ran over a chipmunk. He dashed out from the brown leaves on the side of the road and ran under my front wheel. Poor guy. I felt really bad about it. It was the fifth animal I've hit while riding. Here's a brief memorial to each (although I think the majority survived):
1) Raccoon. I was riding at night in high school or college and it ran under my rear wheel. I didn't crash, the racoon seemed to run away.
2)Rat. It was my first summer in New York City. It was still a little dark in Central Park and it ran under my bike. It wasn't there on the next lap.
3)Pigeon. Thanksgiving 2005. It snowed early and then was quite warm. I was heading to do the Gimbel's Ride. Somewhere on the Upper East Side there was a flock of pigeons. I caught one as it was taking off. It still flew off.
4)Mouse. I saw two eyes bouncing in the dark, looking at me. It was a cat. Looking at the mouse I was about to run over. I knew it was a mouse because it squeaked when I ran it over.
5)Chipmunk. See above.
And go watch The Daily Show from Monday. It's about how we're not real Americans.
1 comment:
um...you have a REALLY cute baby!! i can't believe how big he's getting!
Post a Comment