Why should we be happy it rained? Because it was really starting to smell like garbage. Everywhere. We haven't had rain in a week. Why do I bring up the garbage smell? A while back, before we moved to Boston, somebody told me that the whole city smells like garbage. Now that I've been here, I can confirm it. But I've uncovered the mystery as to why it smells like garbage!
Every time a garbage truck passes me while I'm walking or riding, it's leaking it's sewage-like fluids on the road. It happens not just in the city proper, but elsewhere. I can't recall that phenomenon occurring anywhere else with such frequency. I often think, "why is that pavement wet up ahead? It hasn't rained in days." Or, right, garbage juice. Ride around it. They're like snail-trails, but made out of rotting cast-off mixed with half-full coffee cups. Ew.
While we're at it, why does the metro area cling to making 99% of the population have a September 1st lease? Do you have any idea how it paralyzes the everything? Because of the students is the common answer. There are 200,000 students in a metro area of 4 million. Does that make sense? And who wants to move in 2 days before they start class?
On to things that (mostly) don't smell like garbage! Cyclocross is coming! There are pictures of my humans below!

One of these just doesn't belong.
There are better views when you're vertical.
Pea mush. Very sweet.
There is more flavor in these tiny carrots than a whole bag from a store.
I'm pretty sure he's "going superhero" here.
How does this always happen?
Rainy day mountaineering class.
Rope opera.
On the way to being on the move!







2 comments:
These pictures made my day! Give my adorable niece and nephew huge hugs and kisses from me!
I love those kids! They are ADORABLE!!!!
Sorry it smells like garbage!
Post a Comment