It's that time of year. It's what all of
New England (cycling) has been waiting for. Quad Cross seemed more of
an interruption in the road season than a true start to cyclocross.
There are a couple of more weeks of big money crits before cyclocross is
on, for real this time.
I wasn't quite sure of my form for
the race, but a lap in I was surprising myself. I was riding with all
kinds of people I never ride with. Amazing! Good legs from the road and
more confident handling entering my fourth season back to CX after an
eight year hiatus proved a winning(er) combination. That is until I
flatted and watched the slow death of my right shifter. My bike went
from shifting fine to a popcorn popper trying to jolt me out of the
saddle. Boo. That's why there's another four months of racing.
This next Monday, September 19th,
I'm running a CX clinic in New Haven, Connecticut for people that want
to learn more about the sport or brush up on skills. It'll be 5:30pm at
East Rock Park, right at the end of Orange St. Why New Haven, you ask?
Because this year I'm back racing for The Devil's Gear Bike Shop!
I'm excited to represent the shop and all the good things they do,
day-in, day-out. They're a community hub for all good things in New
Haven and New England.
10 out of 10 humans agree that this small human is cute.

CX action from Quad Cross! Beth from "angry car" provided both photographic and vocal support.
She's crawling, just not in this video.

1 comment:
she is SO cute! cannot wait to see her in 2 weeks!!!!
Post a Comment