We've been busy. Doing what? I'm not exactly sure. Maybe it's because we're playing outside a lot (except during the 2010 monsoon).
In the latest interval cyclocross started again. You say it's too hot for cyclocross? You're right! Today was over 90 degrees but that didn't stop me, or anyone that showed up. Last weekend was really the first race in Springfield and if you remember, that was the start of the monsoon. It made for ideal 'cross conditions. I lost way too much time bogged down in mud and got 6th.
In Palmer in the heat I was my own worst enemy. With a third of a lap to go I was closing on 2nd place when I went full speed into the barriers, without getting off my bike. How did I do that? I'm not sure. It went just fine every other lap. I gifted 3rd place to the rider behind me then and rolled in for 4th. Oy. Other details are that the course is full of nasty roots and loose dirt. I did my best to not ride like a fool. I succeeded until the just before the very end. Nice race report, right?

Snow in August! Thanks milkman Dave! And go Yankees!In the latest interval cyclocross started again. You say it's too hot for cyclocross? You're right! Today was over 90 degrees but that didn't stop me, or anyone that showed up. Last weekend was really the first race in Springfield and if you remember, that was the start of the monsoon. It made for ideal 'cross conditions. I lost way too much time bogged down in mud and got 6th.
In Palmer in the heat I was my own worst enemy. With a third of a lap to go I was closing on 2nd place when I went full speed into the barriers, without getting off my bike. How did I do that? I'm not sure. It went just fine every other lap. I gifted 3rd place to the rider behind me then and rolled in for 4th. Oy. Other details are that the course is full of nasty roots and loose dirt. I did my best to not ride like a fool. I succeeded until the just before the very end. Nice race report, right?



1 comment:
sorry about the race results-you'll get 'em next time!
cute photos of niv!!
Post a Comment