My fitness declined dramatically when I took three weeks off the bike and six weeks off of racing. Last week I felt good but had nothing. This week I suffered like a dog but raced fine. I was pleased with my performance. The race was just Wells Ave. but I have to restart somewhere.
The field was big today; I would say it was between sixty and seventy people. I went with an attack at the gun with two other guys and dropped one. We two rolled on for the first quarter of the race. We were then caught by a chase group of about twelve guys. After we got organized we rolled well. Eventually we lapped the field; I got seventh in the end. I was happy with my fitness and my read of the race. It's good to be back.
We're settling into our new place. There are boxes flopping around and we have to slap pictures up on the walls but it's more like a home than five days ago. One race in the new place and one decent race. Maybe they'll all be good.
The field was big today; I would say it was between sixty and seventy people. I went with an attack at the gun with two other guys and dropped one. We two rolled on for the first quarter of the race. We were then caught by a chase group of about twelve guys. After we got organized we rolled well. Eventually we lapped the field; I got seventh in the end. I was happy with my fitness and my read of the race. It's good to be back.
We're settling into our new place. There are boxes flopping around and we have to slap pictures up on the walls but it's more like a home than five days ago. One race in the new place and one decent race. Maybe they'll all be good.
1 comment:
can't wait to see the new place and that gorgeous kid (and you and shiri!) so soon!
congrats on the great return to racing!!!
Post a Comment