Friday, November 6, 2009

Everybody Wins...Sometimes

In case you missed it, the Yankees won the World Series. It is especially sweet because we now live in the land of irascible Red Sox fans. I also learned that the Yankees have not won a World Series under a Republican president since Eisenhower. Coincidence?

I also have some analysis of the Yankees payroll that makes sense. If you take into account the Yankees' fans, their payroll is reasonable, if not a bargain. The dollars spent per fan is going to be far lower than a team like the Red Sox or anyone else because (at least I think) the Yankees have the largest following.

I also won a race last weekend in the midst of the World Series. It wasn't that exciting because only one other guy bothered to show up. I won with a sizable gap but it was still only beating one guy. There are no pictures to prove it either.

Yesterday I did my first big cyclocross race of the season. It was the 19th annual Cycle-Smart International, which is the longest running cyclocross race in the country. I stepped up to the big boy race too. I felt pretty good about myself until there was an enourmous crash in the first 25 meters. It was carnage (I'm in the black and red NYC Velo kit all the way on the right). I managed to avoid it with some miraculous bike handling but flatted my front tire in the process. I would have been in great position if not for the flat tire. I rode half a lap with the flat to the pit and watched half the race pass me.

That was the end of my string of results on the upward trajectory for cyclocross this year. My placings so far are 8-7-4-1-42. It shouldn't be too hard to get better than 42 next week.


Back to zoo and Niv is excited.


Niv is surprised that the zebras like cold weather.


I'm pretty sure that the Andean Condor happy to see us again.


Those three bottles of beer were my first place prize.

2 comments:

Sivya said...

congrats on the 1st place finish! sorry about the flat...you'll get them next time!
the sprout looks pretty cute...hope he's feeling better.

palevskid said...

Love the player salary to fan salary analysis of the Yankees, great original content! ;)

Where's the Nivzilla video?