I think my road racing season has come to a close. I'm not motivated to race; I am motivated to tear it up on the cyclocross bike though. This season was a bit strange and frustrating and I'm not too sad to see it go. I also have few photos to document the season here. I think a few might be coming from my parents from when they came for Niv's birthday. But there are always plenty of picture of Niv being awesome. Here's a more quantified recap of the season:
- 7 top 10 finishes
- of those 7, 2 were top 5 finishes
-2 crashes (twice as many as the 2 previous seasons)
- I won 6 primes
- Probably my 2 best races of the season - 26th in the time trial at the Connecticut Stage Race. I've been trying to figure out how to TT and the field was quite good. I was happy with the result. The other is my ride at the Fitchburg road race. I got 34th but fought to the end to not get dropped on the climbs while feeling like poo. That would have put me in a good overall position had I done a good TT.
Strange highlights, right? Cyclocross is an opportunity to start over. I'm also racing for NYC Velo for the cyclocross season. I'm excited to be able to represent the best bike shop in New York City and maintain my connections with that great city. Mike from Gage & DeSoto was kind enough to dropp off my bag of clothing while he was in Brookline. While you're here, you should check out the really great shirts Mike is making. Now I can get down NYC style in the New England races. Game on!
- 7 top 10 finishes
- of those 7, 2 were top 5 finishes
-2 crashes (twice as many as the 2 previous seasons)
- I won 6 primes
- Probably my 2 best races of the season - 26th in the time trial at the Connecticut Stage Race. I've been trying to figure out how to TT and the field was quite good. I was happy with the result. The other is my ride at the Fitchburg road race. I got 34th but fought to the end to not get dropped on the climbs while feeling like poo. That would have put me in a good overall position had I done a good TT.
Strange highlights, right? Cyclocross is an opportunity to start over. I'm also racing for NYC Velo for the cyclocross season. I'm excited to be able to represent the best bike shop in New York City and maintain my connections with that great city. Mike from Gage & DeSoto was kind enough to dropp off my bag of clothing while he was in Brookline. While you're here, you should check out the really great shirts Mike is making. Now I can get down NYC style in the New England races. Game on!
First trip to the zoo. Who's more excited to see the giraffes and zebras?
The giraffe ran out of the frame!
What is that thing? (Niv never saw a huge fish tank before)
2 comments:
great photos-though i'm surprised none of mine made it!
rock the ny gear in new england and rock the cyclocross!!! i'm rooting for you!
What zoo did you go to? The one in Boston? I can't wait to take him to the Bronx Zoo and please make sure his first time there includes me, since that is my happy place!
I agree with Sivy, great photos!
Post a Comment