Everyone happily reunited in New Haven this week. When someone asked Shiri if she thought that Niv missed her, she replied, "He probably thought I was in the bathroom for a bit." He didn't really miss her but he was certainly happy to see her. I both missed Shiri and was happy to see here. It's nice to be all back together.
It has come to my attention that people don't really read anything I write here. They come for the pictures of the cute kid. I'm not sure why I'm writing this, because the ones that don't read this will never know that I ever strung these words together.
The weather is a bit better than the 10 days at my parents' house. It hasn't snowed and it even got above freezing for a few hours the other day. I had 5 hours to ride today and I wanted to meet a group ride. I had to leave at 7:15am. For laughs, I put a watch with a thermometer on my handlebars to see how cold it would get on the ride. I woke up and the weather report said it was 12 degrees. That's not so bad but I have to remember the weather station is close to the water, warming it up.
I started out and everything started freezing immediately; my bottle, my beard, breath on my jacket. It took a while for the thermometer to drop from indoor temperature to outdoor temperature but in town it got down to 9 degrees. Once I got up into the hills out of town it kept dropping. The final lowest reading (which was about an hour into the ride) was 0.9 degrees (that's -17 degrees Celsius). My previous record low was 6 degrees. I would much rather bundle up and train in those conditions than sit on the trainer for 2 or 3 hours.
And hooray for the USA! We have finally come out from under the cloud of the burning Bush and are now led by President Obama. Doesn't that feel good to say?
It has come to my attention that people don't really read anything I write here. They come for the pictures of the cute kid. I'm not sure why I'm writing this, because the ones that don't read this will never know that I ever strung these words together.
The weather is a bit better than the 10 days at my parents' house. It hasn't snowed and it even got above freezing for a few hours the other day. I had 5 hours to ride today and I wanted to meet a group ride. I had to leave at 7:15am. For laughs, I put a watch with a thermometer on my handlebars to see how cold it would get on the ride. I woke up and the weather report said it was 12 degrees. That's not so bad but I have to remember the weather station is close to the water, warming it up.
I started out and everything started freezing immediately; my bottle, my beard, breath on my jacket. It took a while for the thermometer to drop from indoor temperature to outdoor temperature but in town it got down to 9 degrees. Once I got up into the hills out of town it kept dropping. The final lowest reading (which was about an hour into the ride) was 0.9 degrees (that's -17 degrees Celsius). My previous record low was 6 degrees. I would much rather bundle up and train in those conditions than sit on the trainer for 2 or 3 hours.
And hooray for the USA! We have finally come out from under the cloud of the burning Bush and are now led by President Obama. Doesn't that feel good to say?
3 comments:
Hooray! You cut your hair! And hooray for the pic of me with the Niblet! Thanks for posting that.
I read every word!
i read every word of ever post - just thought you might like to know! crazy cold to train in-i think you are nuts! but i also come for the pictures. here we go steelers!!
Post a Comment