Wednesday, December 28, 2011

To the Wayback Machine!

My parents brought a couple of great pictures from the past. First, we'll travel back to what I believe is 1982 and my first haircut. That's my dad's dad cutting my hair. He became a barber when he got to the US via (in reverse order) Brazil, Israel, France, Russia and Poland. And those were just the main stops. He was a nurse, but he would have had to go back to school and that wasn't in the cards for a family just settling in.


Next, we go back to what is the early 1930's. My mom's dad raced bikes back then. Below is the quintessential shot of a bike racer from the era. I used to hear all kinds of stories, like when Madison Square Garden had a track and setting the record ride from New York City to Hartford. Do you think he had some influence on my current trajectory?


And now we arrive back in what's left of 2011. I'm pretty sure the baby isn't supposed to look as big as the large boy. I think something happened in the Wayback Machine.


2 comments:

Sivya said...

amazing old pictures-thanks for sharing them!

David said...

I know that I have seen the pictures of Grandpa Ziggy and Grandpa Mr. Horn so many times, and yet, this time seeing them juxtaposed against the picture of Niv and Lital makes me miss them so much more.