Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Faster, Smarter and Healthier

I found the link for this video on CANRS. Too bad it's not embedable, so you'll have to go over to the link and check it out. It's about how we all eat like crap and how we can fix it.

I bumped into some friends riding this morning. At some point I mentioned that I've been coaching (other cyclists) and one of my friends was surprised. He asked why I never mention coaching on this web log. So here it is. I've been relying on word-of-mouth referrals until now. Here's my first bit of advertising.

I've been coaching since 2008 and licensed by USA Cycling since 2010. This year I'll be moving up to coaching level 2 on the USA cycling hierarchy. It has been a natural progression for my cycling career. I started riding a lot when I was a kid to get around, then started riding for the sake of riding, then started working at a bike shop, then racing, then coaching.

I also have a master's degree in informal education - that's teaching outside a classroom. I've been fixing bikes since 1995 and racing since 1997. I have a great network of friends to help me answer the questions I can't answer by myself. I like to think of my coaching practice to be all-inclusive. I believe that it's not just your physiological response that makes you faster but also your psychology, tactics, equipment choices, nutrition and recovery.

If you're reading this, you probably know how to find me if you're interested in talking more about getting faster.

And because most of you come for the pictures, here's one.


Baby DBG haircut.

1 comment:

Sivya said...

like the sale pitch!

LOVE the photo - she is delish!