Every time I've been to Wachusett Mountain, the road to the summit has been closed. Today was no different. But today was the first time that I went there the whole way under my own power. To be completely honest, I was a little bit happy the road was closed. It saved a little bit of time on the bike. A little bit of time is relative, because the half-hour up and down would have only been seven percent of the entire bike ride.
I made some wrong turns, I got caught up in a Memorial Day parade, I got a coke in the sixth hour. Normal long ride things.
The day before I made sure my legs would be nice and worked before heading out at zero-dark-hundred for Wachusett. I attacked on the second or third lap at Wells Ave and proceed to stay away for the remaining thirty-seven. Not solo, mind you, I had help. It was a group of three, then five, then four until eighteen to go. Then we got four more until the end. I would have liked to have been solo for the finish because I can't sprint my way out of paper bag right now. I only managed fourth.
I made some wrong turns, I got caught up in a Memorial Day parade, I got a coke in the sixth hour. Normal long ride things.
The day before I made sure my legs would be nice and worked before heading out at zero-dark-hundred for Wachusett. I attacked on the second or third lap at Wells Ave and proceed to stay away for the remaining thirty-seven. Not solo, mind you, I had help. It was a group of three, then five, then four until eighteen to go. Then we got four more until the end. I would have liked to have been solo for the finish because I can't sprint my way out of paper bag right now. I only managed fourth.
No comments:
Post a Comment