Thursday, April 21, 2011

Balance

Before I had one kid, lots of people told me I'd never ride and race again. I heard more of the same before I had two kids. Now that my first season with two kids is well underway I can say that it is possible. I'm training enough and I'm racing enough, although the New England schedule this year is weak. Where did all the races go?

Having two kids is making me focus my training and racing time on worthwhile workouts and races. If I know a race is crap, like New Britain, my least favorite race ever, I'll skip it and do something else. And I'm OK with training two hours instead of four and having a very focused workout. I have to say that it would never be possible without the support of my family. For some reason they all still think it's all a good idea.


For the first three months of this kid's life, this is how I picture her.


Pure joy.


What did you say to me, dude?


Hurry up! Fold quicker!


A little late for Purim.

No comments: