Before I dive into a huge recap of the Tour of Cameroon, I thought I'd whet your appetite with the basics of the race. The first three days were about 50 degrees Celsius. That along with a number of other factors made the first stage the hardest race I've ever done in my life. But I survived that day and each one hence, much to my surprise. I actually felt stronger as the race went on. Because I lost so much time on the first three stages, I dug myself down to the Lanterne Rouge, where I would finish the race. It's also because a whole pile of guys abandoned, otherwise I would have most certainly beaten them. Right?
The team Ido put together was great. I have never been on a team that had such a sense of team, on and off the bike. I would like to thank them for accepting me so readily even though I don't ride with them every day.
I'll leave you with the profiles and data of each day of the race.
Tour of Cameroon Stage 1
Tour of Cameroon Stage 2
Tour of Cameroon Stage 3
Tour of Cameroon Rest Day #1
Tour of Cameroon Stage 4
Tour of Cameroon Stage 5
Tour of Cameroon Stage 6 Neutral Start
Tour of Cameroon Stage 6
Tour of Cameroon Rest Day #2
Tour of Cameroon Stage 7
The team Ido put together was great. I have never been on a team that had such a sense of team, on and off the bike. I would like to thank them for accepting me so readily even though I don't ride with them every day.
I'll leave you with the profiles and data of each day of the race.
Tour of Cameroon Stage 1
Tour of Cameroon Stage 2
Tour of Cameroon Stage 3
Tour of Cameroon Rest Day #1
Tour of Cameroon Stage 4
Tour of Cameroon Stage 5
Tour of Cameroon Stage 6 Neutral Start
Tour of Cameroon Stage 6
Tour of Cameroon Rest Day #2
Tour of Cameroon Stage 7
2 comments:
i'm sure it was an amazing experience. is it a pretty country?
welcome back!!
good to have you back and (hopefully) malaria-free!
Post a Comment