In lieu of my crappy race reporting, I usually let the photos do the talking. Our photographer for the day was John Bayley and accomplished hill-climb and long-distance racer. I even retained some of his original witty captions. I already posted my un-detailed race report here. The official Rapha race report is here. You'll even see my tush in the first picture there. What an honor. Thanks again to Pedro's for supporting us, Cort for organizing us and the rest of my teammates-for-a-day, Dave, Tom, Roy and John for being such good company on a long day.
I really can't hold all the details of the race in my head for that long. It was a blur of dirt and pavement and suffering and flying downhill. And flat tires. Somehow that all translate into a fun day in my head. I did forget to mention in the last post that everyone wanted to drink the pickle juice at the post-race barbecue to reload the sodium in their bodies. Really, it was that sort of day.
I really can't hold all the details of the race in my head for that long. It was a blur of dirt and pavement and suffering and flying downhill. And flat tires. Somehow that all translate into a fun day in my head. I did forget to mention in the last post that everyone wanted to drink the pickle juice at the post-race barbecue to reload the sodium in their bodies. Really, it was that sort of day.

Leading the charge. We're making great progress at this point and there's another team in sight just up the road.

Now we're getting to know Mt. Riga. But I'd have like to have gotten to know her with some lower gears.





2 comments:
now thats a good looking man!!
i hurt just from reading about your experiences!
i do have to say that's one of my favorite songs - dates back to pilgrimage for me! thanks for a great way to start my day at work :)
Post a Comment