The quickest recap possible - it was really hard. The race was 110km and over 2200 meters of climbing. Needless to say, I don't climb that much at home in a day, maybe even in a whole week. I fought to stay in the front group and I stayed there until a bit more than 20km to go. I'm pretty happy with it. The results got messed up and we're still waiting on them, but I think I got about 20th out of 145 starters. It's unclear how many of them were elite riders, but regardless of who finished where, I'm happy I was at the front for so long.
I continued the week with some more climbing. It's amazing how big a training load you can do if you're just training and recovering. Every day included some crazy climbing, even my one recovery day.
I'm super thankful to my family for letting take make this training camp and also to Ido, my Israeli team director, and his family for taking me in for the week. Obviously without all of their support this would have never happened.
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Glad you had such a great time. Kudos to you on a great race!!
Post a Comment