Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Protest with Your Wallet

Most people know this Friday as Black Friday, when everybody gets unhinged buying ridiculous amounts of stuff at crazy hours. But it's also International Buy Nothing Day, a day to protest how our society and economy function. Why would you want to spend your day off of work elbowing people you don't know out of the way to get a "deal" when you can spend it with people you care about?

Last week I finally had a cyclocross race that wasn't a total disaster at Shedd Park in Lowell. No crashes, no mechanicals, nothing. I had a bad start, but I mostly overcame it. I raced the whole time against other people; it wasn't the usual laps solo off of the back. I even won my little two-up sprint, mostly with my brains and not my legs. Here's to making my way towards salvaging the season. 


En route to spills without the thrills at Northampton.


Remembering how to race bicycles at Lowell. Thanks to Caitlin for the race shots.


Delicious.

If that's so delicious, why don't you share with me?

 

What's so funny?

2 comments:

Sivya said...

there are no words for how much i love those kids!

kudos on the race!!!

Sivya said...

i had to go back and re-watch this because it just makes me smile!