Niv played with a baseball for the first time last week. He said it tasted great.
On Thursday we had our big hockey game, the Garstka Cup. It's first years versus the second years from the School of Management and it's named after a professor. I'm not sure why. Shiri is a second year, so you can figure out who we played for. I say we because even though I don't go to school I still get to play. Our hockey practices are the orphanage for all the other schools at Yale that don't have hockey. People come from all over campus.
The bottom line is that we won 3-2. It was pretty close and it was incredible fun. Shiri was certain she was going to score, which she didn't. I was certain that I would make some costly mistake that would lead to our opponents getting a goal or two, which I didn't. I guess it balanced out. After the game everyone in the stands stormed the ice in a drunken state and many nearly cracked their skulls upon falling.
This past weekend was my first race of the year. For the first time ever, I opened the season wearing short sleeves and shorts because it was so warm. I got a bit of a tan. Of course it snowed a bit today. I felt great racing. There was no anticipation or anxiety. I was even caught by surprise when the race started. There was no relearning how to ride in a pack.
I felt good and strong, although none of my attacks stayed away. And neither did anyone else's. It came down to a field sprint. I had pretty good position but some goon next to me almost hit the curb, then tapped his brakes, then started drifting into me so I had to hit my brakes. I restarted my sprint and got 15th. I think that is the highest placing to start a season I've gotten in the past 8 years.
On Thursday we had our big hockey game, the Garstka Cup. It's first years versus the second years from the School of Management and it's named after a professor. I'm not sure why. Shiri is a second year, so you can figure out who we played for. I say we because even though I don't go to school I still get to play. Our hockey practices are the orphanage for all the other schools at Yale that don't have hockey. People come from all over campus.
The bottom line is that we won 3-2. It was pretty close and it was incredible fun. Shiri was certain she was going to score, which she didn't. I was certain that I would make some costly mistake that would lead to our opponents getting a goal or two, which I didn't. I guess it balanced out. After the game everyone in the stands stormed the ice in a drunken state and many nearly cracked their skulls upon falling.
This past weekend was my first race of the year. For the first time ever, I opened the season wearing short sleeves and shorts because it was so warm. I got a bit of a tan. Of course it snowed a bit today. I felt great racing. There was no anticipation or anxiety. I was even caught by surprise when the race started. There was no relearning how to ride in a pack.
I felt good and strong, although none of my attacks stayed away. And neither did anyone else's. It came down to a field sprint. I had pretty good position but some goon next to me almost hit the curb, then tapped his brakes, then started drifting into me so I had to hit my brakes. I restarted my sprint and got 15th. I think that is the highest placing to start a season I've gotten in the past 8 years.
This is a video from one of our hockey practices. I hope to post pictures from the game soon.
4 comments:
WHOAAAA check out Niv's hair! Model baby...
Niblet! I miss you!
Is this the race?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdW0NKcM7_U
it was great to be with you guys this weekend...i'll be posting my pictures of the sprout soon-so watch for those! congrats on a great start to the racing season.
Post a Comment